AfriConnect was independently established in Zambia in 2005 - when we launched our iConnect service - and was proud to become part of the Vodacom group in 2010. As market leaders we now offer the most comprehensive range of internet facilities:
- We were the first to offer WiMax wireless broadband - now operating in 16 towns across the country. This robust technology offers a service over long distances and is well suited to the Zambian environment
- A high-speed low-latency Canopy wireless network is available for larger companies and organisations in all major towns.
- We now offer fibre to the door in all key cities
- Amongst the first ISPs to take advantage of international fibre routes we now have dual routes to Europe, with additional full resilience over satellite. All our services offer dedicated capacity to Europe.
- We also have a direct fibre link into South Africa for very low latency connections.
- Our corporate clients can also take advantage of MPLS, IPLC, VPN, and full hosting facilities.
- Our iSpots offer WiFi hotspots in cafes, hotels, lodges, shopping centres, colleges, and major public areas. We also operate iCafe internet cafes in an increasing number of towns.
- Our new WiFi-based pay-as-you-go service is operating throughout Lusaka and now moving to the Provinces.
- Our iCare call centre offers full technical and sales support 16 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our corporate clients get their own additional support services. We have 125 staff working to support you.
- Our head office is in Lusaka, but we also have a major regional sales facility in the Copperbelt to support the growth in that region.
- Our SMS services - for personal and business use - extend our reach to over 3 million mobile phone users.
- We remain committed to expansion into rural and more under-served areas, and to Zambia's growth.